Ebook Sample Content Preview:
80. Be prepared in saying something, if they tell you that there is a part in the job, which you do not have any experiences with - This can happen if they check your resume and they see nothing in it that may be related to some tasks, which are involved in the kind of job that you are aiming for. In this case, you should assure them that you are looking forward to developing more skills, which is one of the reasons you want the job. Aside from that, if you can think of an experience that you have gone through that is related to it, then you should mention it.
81. Don’t talk too fast - Aside from making sure that you understand the questions perfectly, you should also ensure that your interviewers understand everything you are saying. Therefore, you should be conscious in pacing yourself when you give out your answers. Talk in a slower manner, so that you can properly construct your sentences, and explain things clearly.
82. Ask for water if you need one - At the middle part of the interview, if you have already discussed a lot of things, then there would be a possibility that your throat may become dry. If you experience it, you should not hesitate in asking for a glass of water. This would ensure that you can go on with the interview, and be able to answer questions, without minding your throat.
83. Don’t assume that interviewers are very familiar with certain acronyms - Even if you are applying for a technical position, you should keep in mind that there is a possibility that your interviewers are not familiar with some technical terms. Thus, it is best that you make use of simpler words, so that they won’t have to keep on asking you to explain things further.
84. Don’t say anything negative regarding your previous employers - Whether you are currently employed or you have left your previous job a few months ago, you should not mention anything negative about the previous company you worked for. Be honest as you can, but always stay positive. Keep in mind that they could also become your previous employers if they hire you.
85. Discuss your hobbies if you want to, but don’t overdo it - Interviews usually go through certain steps in the part of the employers. At the starting point, they may ask you about personal things, such as your hobbies. In answering a question related to that, you should make it brief, since they are just checking how normal you are living your life.
86. Make sure to let your interviewers know that you really are interested in the job you are applying for - There are instances when a person does not get hired, even if he answered the questions as perfectly as possible. A possible reason behind this is that, he was not able to provide an impression that he is really interested in the job. Thus, you should make that as a part in selling yourself to the company, so that you can get the job.