Sample Content Preview
The purpose of this section is t- help you decide if, in fact, Clickbank is going t- be a good match for your business needs. Make sure you read this section very carefully.
In the world of affiliates there are affiliates, vendors and brokers – all of which have their pro’s and con’s t- consider when it comes t- whether the offerings they have are a good match for you and your web sites. All affiliates have a contract or agreement of terms which you should review and understand prior t- entering any agreement, and most of these contracts detail exactly what each party is expected t- do, how payment is made, and what responsibilities each party has t- each other and the public.
One of the biggest areas t- be aware of and understand is wh- is liable for chargeback’s, fraud and other concerns that can arise when selling goods t- the public. This is normally a very big hassle t- most online companies and can drastically cut int- the bottom line not t- mention drive you crazy with constant interruptions t- your workflow and daily tasks t- deal with the errant cases. In cases like ClickBank’s representation all of management of the online product sales including refunds, collection of funds and handling disputes is taken out of your hands.
ClickBank really is tw- businesses in one. On the one hand they purchase and then resell through affiliate marketing eBooks, software and any other ‘non-physical’ downloadable goods you can imagine. On the other hand they are an affiliate broker or service in that they allow marketing of the eBooks and goods they handle
(or technically resale) from their list of products by anyone wh- wants t- sign up, paying a commission on any and all sales made as detailed further down in the summary of their payment agreement.
ClickBank is a different type of affiliate network in that they are not just a broker and they are not really a normal vendor – ClickBank fulfills the best of both worlds by supplying a list of available vendors and electronic media goods broken down int- various categories as well as handling the engines, link creation and tracking necessary t- allow you t- market and sell those goods on your pages. In effect you can think of ClickBank as a broker wh- als- handles much of the legalities, payment handling and tracking while providing you assistance and guidelines on how best t- legally market and sell the service products that they have available. They als- allow you t- list and sale your own software, eBooks and other goods if approved and if they meet their strict guidelines and policies, without a huge contractual obligation or a minimum qty of sales as many other online vendors require. ClickBank is quite simply the future of ecommerce for the everyman …
As with any business transaction there has t- be an agreement, or contract which stipulates what each party is responsible for and will be held to. Depending on whether you are just joining as an affiliate seller or have product(s) t- list with ClickBank for sale the terms and contracts vary, but the client contract which details exactly what they provide, what you are responsible for and what arbitration methods are allowed follows:
A quick summary of the details of this contract as of February 2007 state that the client is:
- Bound by the laws of Boise, Idah- and its jurisdiction should any conflicts, claims or suits arise
- Assuming full responsibility t- use ClickBank affiliated services
- An independent party and cannot represent or claim t- represent ClickBank directly and specifically that you are
- Not authorized t- make any warranty or obligations on behalf of ClickBank
- Solely responsible for reporting and paying any income taxes and withholdings
- Responsible for obtaining any licenses or permits required t- operate a business on your site
- In agreement that by promoting products listed by ClickBank that you
- D- not imply or suggest warranties or policies that conflict with ClickBank’s eight-week return policy
- Will not allow unauthorized or unlicensed use of materials or images and will not take part in such yourself
- Will not interfere with tracking of commissions or normal flow of traffic from affiliates
- Will apply by and include any required U.S. Federal and state regulations and policies regarding advertising and consumer protection as discussed in their online form at: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/dotcom/index.pdf
- Products you submit for sell are subject t- the “ClickBank product and publisher review program” and that your products may be rejected or the amount kept in reserve etc. changed as deemed necessary by ClickBank at their sole discretion
- Will provide up-to-date email addresses and will respond within 24 hours t- communication from ClickBank at any time.
- Not allowed t- send or cause t- be sent messages by electronic means for promotional purposes that
- Are sent t- people wh- have opted out or requested t- not receive such advertising
- It will not contain any false or misleading information including your contact or product representation attributes
- Such messages will not have invalid message headers or ‘masked origins’ nor include mousetraps such as pop-ups or other annoyances
- All messages have a clear and functional way t- ‘opt out’ of future correspondence and that such
functionality will remain functional for at least 30 days from the date the message is sent
- Aware that ClickBank can temporarily or permanently in some cases seize all funds in your account should it be determined that you have been involved in:
- Illegal activity or violations of Federal and State regulations