Sample Content Preview
MEMBERSHIP SITES CAN EARN YOU EVEN MORE MONEY IN INTERNET MARKETING
There are many different ways you can make money with your internet business. Most people first starting out either promote affiliate products or they decide to have their own product.
For many, this product is often an e-book. While it is possible to make good money selling e-books, that is only one option. Another option is to start a membership site.
The two aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive. In fact, a good internet business sells several different products so that they can have income coming in from several different sources. The main point is that a membership site can seriously boost your income.
When people buy an e-book once they make the purchase you probably won’t get any more money from that sale. With a membership site (and this will depend on the type of payment schedule you decide on) the customer will pay you more than once.
Are you getting excited yet? Once you’re done reading this report, you’ll have all the tools you need to be able to start your own membership site.
WHAT IS A MEMBERSHIPSITE EXACTLY?
A membership site is a website where only its members can access the information. Not all sites require money – there are free ones that require a username and a password. A membership site is a website where only its members can access the information. Not all sites require money – there are free ones that require a username and a password.
The one thing they do have in common is that they’re exclusive. Not just “anyone” can access the information. You need to be special in some way – either by paying or obtaining the correct login credentials.
Besides having free member sites and those that require payment, they can take on different forms such a blog or a forum. The format you choose will depend on your needs.
WHY EVERY INTERNET MARKETER NEEDSAT LEAST ONE MEMBERSHIP SITE
As discussed above, it is a good idea to start a membership site if you want to increase your profits. Here’s a list of the benefits to owning one.
• Dominate the competition in your niche If you have a membership site, you’ll stand out amongst the people who have a score of e-books but nothing else to offer their customers.
• Get more money out of your list You may have heard that “the money is in the list”. And, you’ll want to get as much money from your list members as you can. A membership site is the perfect way to do this.
• Increase customer loyalty If your site has great content and you respond promptly to all queries, a membership site will increase customer loyalty a lot better than selling individual products. This is because the customer will feel as if you’re more accessible.
• Develops a sense of community Membership sites that have a forum help encourage a sense of community. So not only do the members interact with you, but they can interact with each other. This is a good selling point and a benefit for the owner of the site because it is another thing that will help increase your customer’s loyalty.
• Great way to build a list If you want to start a free membership site, or offer portions of your membership site for no cost, it can present an effective way to build a list.
• Develop passive income Although internet marketing is a great career, the money can be a little unstable. A membership site is a good way to not only make more money, but to make the income you do bring in a lot steadier.
• They don’t need to be complicated A lot of people assume that a membership site is complicated. Not necessarily. There are plenty of options that are simple, such as exclusive content delivered via autoresponder.
Let’s look at the math. say you have a membership site that offers exclusive content related to your niche. If you charge $19.95 a month and have 100 subscribers, that translates to nearly $2000 profit and all you needed to do was refresh the content and make sure the site is running properly.
HOW DO MEMBER SITES WORK?
When a member pays you money, they are then allowed access into the site. But since there are several different formats you can use, the technical aspects of setting up and running a membership site will differ. You can choose to take the easy route and set it up via autoresponder. Or, you can have a site with multiple bells and whistles including forum, blog, videos, and other content.
You’ll need to assess your customer base and determine what they’ll want. For example, if your in the health and fitness niche and you have a weight loss membership site, your customers may require different tools than if you had a membership site on how to make money blogging.
If you decide to open up a free membership site, all your members will need is the right membership information.
WHAT ABOUT TECHNICALSKILLS?
You may be wondering about the technical aspect of starting a membership site. How do you do it exactly? Well, there are a lot of different options. Here are some technologies to consider:
• PHP based membership site If you know PHP you understand that you can set the site up to require a username and password. When customers pay you they’ll get the login information.
• Autoresponder based site Once the customers pay you they’re information will be added to the autoresponder. Their content will be delivered via email.
• Use a membership creator package There are some software packages out there that are designed to help you create a membership site. You may want to ask around to see which are best.
If you don’t have the technical skills or the time to handle the technical details you can always outsource.
SHOULD YOU MAKE IT AFREE SITE OR A PAID ONE?
The first thing you need to decide is if you will set up a free membership site or a paid membership site. There are some good points for each.
Benefits of a Free Membership Site
• Can help you build a list
• Entice people into the full membership
• To protect your sensitive content
• Build a sense of community among members
Benefits of a paid membership site
• Make more money internet marketing
• Develop a loyal customer base
• Have a steady stream of passive income
• Build a sense of community among members
Those lists are by no means complete. However, it is a good list to help you decide if you want to take their money or not. Keep in mind that one membership site can have a free and a paid version. The free version can help you build your list and also be used as a teaser to get people into the full membership.